Join the 8M Crew
Check out our latest vacancies below.
If you think you're the right fit, please apply here and our HR team will be in touch.
Position: Analyst / Senior Analyst, Asset Management
We are looking for highly analytical and motivated Analyst/ Senior Analyst to join our Asset Management team. You will be an important team member supporting 8M’s business goals and strategies. As an Analyst your key responsibilities will span across Asset Management, Investment Management, and Portfolio Management – supporting our S$1.3B+ AUM portfolio. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career growth opportunity with a dynamic and passionate team, then 8M is the place for you.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Includes
- Support and collaborate with Asset Managers on both assets and portfolio management matters
- Analyse strategic direction, decision-making, and drive implementation of asset strategies; working in partnership with other functional teams to realise the highest value of the assets
- Monitor business performance, periodically review and report on financial performance of the asset, including leasing status, rental collection, operating expenses, planned capital expenditure etc
- Support reporting, budgeting, and forecasting asset management planning and strategising on leasing and property management matters
- Prepare quarterly financial performance numbers for reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in management reporting, cash flow management and asset valuation, including but not limited to property tax assessments, external valuation exercises
- Prepare internal and external memorandums and meeting minutes, including annual business plans, board level presentations and investor presentations, as required
- Support Investment Management team with validating underwriting, ad-hoc analysis on impact of acquisitions and divestment planning and activities
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree Real Estate, Business, Finance or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years of experience; in real estate funds or brokerage/ financial institutions/ developer/ financial advisory firms
- Highly analytical with strong numerical skills, strong in financial modelling and analysis with having a CFA as a bonus
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player, with a positive and pleasant personality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with stakeholders
- Self-starter, ability to drive and execute projects Independently with good business sense
Key Stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Investment Management
- Property Management
- Leasing and Marketing
- Development Management
Position: Assistant Manager, Leasing and Marketing
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire leasing life cycle, including attending to leasing emails, calls and agent enquiries for spaces, prospecting, viewing, negotiating, closing, and working with Property Management for handovers.
- Manage necessary lease administration duties such as preparation of proposal decks for prospects, conducting tenant due diligence, assisting in contract generation and lease agreement discussions with tenants’ legal counsel, lease signing, stamping of lease, collection of payment forms, and updating of master tenant contact database.
- Update listings of available spaces on appropriate channels such as company website, Property Guru and prepare necessary marketing collaterals for upcoming vacancies.
- Assist in the tenant curation process and the evaluation of prospective tenants to ensure optimal tenant mix.
- Conduct market research on leasing rates and trends and update the leasing prospecting file and database.
- Grow business contacts through networking and establishing rapport with brokers, tenants and operators.
- Monitor tenants’ performance with Asset Managers to develop leasing strategies to address non-performing leases and potential pre-termination.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports on leasing performance.
- Assist in the preparation of budgeting and recommendations for the portfolio during the annual budgeting exercise.
- Cross-collaborate with different departments to deliver a unique positioning and brand to engage prospects, tenants and potential candidates.
- Build tenant relationships (monthly catch ups) with key tenants to understand their business needs, plans to renew or pre-terminate their lease to minimise downtime.
- Manage the tenant perks programme as part of tenant engagement.
- All other ad-hoc duties assigned.
- Candidate must possess at least a recognised Degree in Estate Management/Real Estate/Building Management/Marketing or any related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial and retail leasing, with good knowledge of tenancy agreement process and market movements
- Ability to network and develop strong relationships with tenants, internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, hands on and good team player with a high level of initiative
Key Stakeholders (Internal & External)
- External: Tenants, Brokers / Agents, Legal
- Internal: Property Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Finance